Waldorf Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 500 g/1 lb 2 oz red apples
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 150 ml/5 fl oz mayonnaise
- 1 bunch of celery, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 75 g/3 oz walnuts, chopped
- 500 g/1 lb 2 oz skinless lean cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 Cos lettuce
- salt and ground black pepper
Waldorf Chicken Salad Recipe
Quarter, core and dice the apples. Put the diced apple in a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise. Cover with cling film; leave for 40 minutes.
Add the celery, shallots, garlic and walnuts to the apple, mix then add the remaining mayonnaise and blend thoroughly. Add the chicken and mix well.
Line a salad bowl with the lettuce leaves. Pile the chicken salad into the center, season and serve.