Tomato & Bean Salad Ingredients
- 225 g/8 oz broad beans
- 225 g/8 oz French beans, topped and tailed
- 150 ml/5 fl oz olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped
- fresh basil leaves
- 100 g/4 oz mozzarella cheese, diced
- 700 g/1 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Tomato & Bean Salad Recipe
Cook the broad beans in lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes, then drain.
Cook the French beans in lightly salted boiling salted water for 7–10 minutes, then drain.
Put the oil, garlic and lemon juice in a blender or food processor, and whiz to combine. Stir in the chopped basil and seasoning.
Mix together the beans, mozzarella and tomatoes. Pour the dressing over and stir to coat completely. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour before serving.