Thai Style Fish Cakes Ingredients
- 350 g/12 oz cod fillet, skinned
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves, crumbled
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 125 ml/4 fl oz vegetable oil
Thai Style Fish Cakes Recipe
Put the cod into a blender or food processor with the fish sauce, curry paste, lime juice, garlic, lime leaves and egg white, and process until a smooth paste forms. Add the coriander and process again until mixed thoroughly.
Divide the fish cake mixture into eight. Roll into balls, then flatten to make small round patties. (If you like, make smaller patties for canapés, but don’t cook as long.)
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the fish cakes in batches, frying for 3–4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Remove from the pan using a spatula, drain on kitchen paper, and serve hot.