Sweetcorn Chowder Ingredients
- 25 g/1 oz low-fat spread
- 25 g/1 oz plain flour
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 300 ml/10 fl oz vegetable stock
- 300 ml/10 fl oz skimmed milk
- 200 g/7 oz canned sweetcorn kernels, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g/2 oz low-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
Sweetcorn Chowder Recipe
Melt the low-fat spread in a heavy saucepan, and add the spring onions and potato.
Gently sweat for 5 minutes, then add the flour and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring.
Remove from the heat and gradually blend in the stock, then add the milk and sweetcorn.
Return to the heat, and bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer very gently for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in the cheese and ladle into individual bowls to serve.