Spinach Tagliatelle with Veal Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb thin veal escalopes, cut into thin strips
- plain flour, seasoned
- 50 g/2 oz butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 125 ml/4 fl oz dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 175 ml/6 fl oz double cream
- 600 g/1 1⁄4 lb fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spinach Tagliatelle with Veal Recipe
Dredge the veal strips with the seasoned flour. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the veal strips and sauté until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
Add the onion to the pan and sauté until soft and golden. Pour in the wine and cook rapidly to reduce the liquid. Add the stock and cream, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the sauce again until it is thick and creamy, adding the veal towards the end.
Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a warm serving dish.
Stir 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan through the sauce, then pour the sauce over the pasta and toss gently to mix through. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan.