Spinach & Bacon Salad Ingredients
- 1 slice white bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon low-fat spread
- 3 rashers rindless streaky back bacon, diced
- 175 g/6 oz spinach leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
Spinach & Bacon Salad Recipe
Spread the bread with the low-fat spread on both sides, and cut into small dice.
Sauté the bread cubes in a frying pan until golden. Remove from the pan, and drain on kitchen paper.
Wipe out the pan, add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove from the pan. Drain on kitchen paper.
Put the spinach in a salad bowl with the onion. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and some pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and top with the croûtons.