Spicy Oatmeal Soup Ingredients
- 15 g/1/2 oz margarine
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1.2 litres/2 pt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried shallots
- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g/4 oz oatmeal
- 225 ml/8 fl oz white wine
Spicy Oatmeal Soup Recipe
Heat the margarine and groundnut oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the leeks and sweat for 2–3 minutes.
Add the carrots, potatoes, celery and chicken stock. Bring to the boil.
Sprinkle in the chives, shallots, tarragon, basil and salt. Boil gently for 20 minutes. Add the oatmeal and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the wine, cook for 15 minutes more and serve hot.