Smoked Mackerel Salad Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb new potatoes, halved length ways
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and broken into strips
- 250 g/9 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 75 g/3 oz watercress
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Smoked Mackerel Salad Recipe
Put the potatoes in a pan of cold water, cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well, tip back into the pan and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and shake well to mix. Spoon the potatoes into a large bowl.
Add the mackerel, tomatoes and cucumber, and top with the watercress and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Mix together the horseradish, remaining oil and the vinegar in a bowl, and season well with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss gently, and serve.