Singapore Fried Noodles Ingredients
- 175 g/6 oz rice noodles
- 50 ml/2 fl oz vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 75 g/3 oz peeled and deveined cooked prawns
- 175 g/6 oz cooked pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 75 g/3 oz Thai fish cakes
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
Singapore Fried Noodles Recipe
Soak the noodles in water for about 10 minutes, drain well, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
Heat the wok, then add half the oil. When the oil is hot, add the noodles and half the salt. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
Heat the remaining oil, and add the prawns, pork, pepper, sugar, curry powder and remaining salt. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Return the noodles to the wok with the fish cakes. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce. Serve immediately.