Sherry Chicken Casserole Ingredients
- 4 chicken fillet portions, skinned and chopped
- 25 g/1oz butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 100 g/4 oz button mushrooms, quartered
- 400 g/14 oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml/4 fl oz sherry
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 bouquet garni
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sherry Chicken Casserole Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
Brown the chicken in the butter in a flameproof casserole dish. Remove with a slotted spoon, then add the onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan.
Add the tomatoes. Blend the sherry with the tomato purée, and stir in. Add the bouquet garni and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook in the oven for 1 1⁄2 hours or until the chicken is tender. Skim off any fat, and serve the casserole hot.