Seared Squid Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and diced
- 900 g/2 lb cleaned and prepared squid, cut into rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Seared Squid Recipe
In a heavy frying pan over a low heat, sweat the shallots in the oil for a few minutes until soft. Increase the heat and sauté, stirring, until golden and starting to crisp. Stir in the garlic and chilli. Sauté for a further 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Season the squid with salt and pepper. Toss into the frying pan, and sauté for 30–45 seconds until the squid curls.
Serve immediately, garnished with the coriander leaves.