Sea Bass Stew Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb back bacon rashers
- 1.3 kg/3 lb sea bass fillet, cubed
- 3 onions, sliced
- 8 celery sticks, sliced
- 450 g/1 lb carrots, sliced
- 600ml/1pt fish stock
- 4 bay leaves
- 850 g/1 3⁄4 lb canned chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sea Bass Stew Recipe
Dry-fry the bacon slowly in a large frying pan and reserve the grease.
Steam the sea bass over 750 ml/1 1⁄4 pt water for 15 minutes.
In a large casserole dish, sauté the onions in the reserved bacon grease until light golden brown. Add the celery, carrots and fish, and stir lightly to coat.
Pour in the stock and 750 ml/1 1⁄4 pt water. Add the bay leaves and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, add the potatoes, reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.