Rice Courgettes Ingredients
- 4 courgettes, about 175 g/6 oz each
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground lemon grass
- finely grated zest and juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 100 g/4 oz cooked long-grain rice
- 175 g/6 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts, toasted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rice Courgettes Recipe
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
Halve the courgettes length ways, and use a teaspoon to scoop out the centers. Blanch the shells in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain well.
Chop the courgette flesh finely, and put in a saucepan with the oil and garlic. Stir over a medium heat until softened but not browned.
Stir in the lemon grass, lemon zest and juice, rice, tomatoes and cashew nuts. Season well with salt and pepper.
Spoon the mixture into the courgette shells. Put the shells in a baking dish or roasting tin, and cover with foil. Bake for 25–30 minutes until the courgettes are tender.