Red Onion & Beetroot Soup Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 350 g/12 oz red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 275 g/10 oz cooked beetroot, cut into matchsticks
- 1.2 litres/2 pt vegetable stock
- 50 g/2 oz soup pasta, cooked until al dente
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Red Onion & Beetroot Soup Recipe
Heat the oil in a casserole dish over a low heat, and add the onion and garlic. Sweat gently for 20 minutes or until soft and tender.
Add the beetroot, stock, pasta and vinegar, and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.