Prawn & Sesame Seed Toast Ingredients
- 225 g/8 oz peeled and deveined cooked prawns
- 1 spring onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 thin slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 600 ml/1 pt vegetable oil for deep-frying
Prawn & Sesame Seed Toast Recipe
Put the prawns and spring onion in a blender or food processor, and whiz until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in the salt, soy sauce, cornflour and egg white.
Spread the mixture on to one side of each slice of bread. Spread the sesame seeds on top of the mixture, pressing down well. Cut each slice into four equal triangles.
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium-high heat.
Carefully lower the triangles into the oil, coated side down, and fry for 2–3 minutes until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on kitchen paper.