Potato & Pork Soup Ingredients
- 1 litre/1 3 ⁄4 pt chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 25 g/1 oz cornflour
- 100 g/4 oz pork fillet, sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh root ginger
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 225 g/8 oz canned bamboo shoots, drained
Potato & Pork Soup Recipe
Put the chicken stock, potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the vinegar in a heavy saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat until the stock is just simmering.
Mix the cornflour with 4 tablespoons water to make a paste, then stir into the hot stock.
Bring the stock back to the boil, stirring until thickened, then reduce the heat until it is just simmering again.
Put the pork in a glass or ceramic dish, and season with the remaining vinegar, the soy sauce and the sesame oil.
Add the pork, carrot and ginger to the stock and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the spring onions, pepper and bamboo shoots. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Pour into warm serving bowls and serve immediately.