Potato, Pancetta & Sage Roast Ingredients
- 25 g/1 oz butter
- 750 g/1 lb 11oz potatoes, sliced
- 100 g/4 oz pancetta, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 300 ml/10 fl oz hot vegetable stock
- 150 g/5 oz Gruyère cheese, coarsely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Potato, Pancetta & Sage Roast Recipe
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. Lightly butter an ovenproof dish.
Scatter the potato slices, pancetta and sage leaves into the dish, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go.
Stir the lemon juice into the stock, and pour over the potatoes. Dot the butter over the top.
Roast in the oven for 1 hour until the top is golden and the potatoes are tender. Top with the cheese, and serve immediately.