Potato & Leek Casserole Ingredients
- 300 g/11 oz leeks, cut into 1cm/1⁄2in pieces
- 150 g/5 oz carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 900 g/2 lb potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 225 ml/8 fl oz vegetable stock
- 50 g/2 oz fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
Potato & Leek Casserole Recipe
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. In a deep frying pan, coat the leeks and carrots with oil. Cover and sweat over a low heat until soft. Add the rosemary, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
Layer a casserole dish with one-third of the potatoes, then half of the seasoned vegetables. Repeat the layers and finish with the last third of the potatoes. Pour the stock evenly into the casserole dish. Cover and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
Remove the lid and bake, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes. Garnish with the parsley and serve hot.