Pork & Liver Pâté Ingredients
- 350 g/12 oz streaky bacon rashers
- 225 g/8 oz pork shoulder, roughly chopped
- 225 g/8 oz pork sausagemeat
- 225 g/8 oz pig’s liver, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons marsala
- salt and ground black pepper
Pork & Liver Pâté Recipe
Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
Grease a 450 g/1 lb loaf tin. Line with the bacon rashers, reserving a few for the top.
Put the pork shoulder in a food processor and chop until fine. Add the remaining ingredients, and blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
Add the mixture to the loaf tin, smooth the top and cover with the reserved bacon rashers. Cover with foil.
Put the loaf tin in a larger baking tray half-filled with boiling water. Carefully transfer to the oven, and bake for 1 1⁄2 hours or until firm. Remove from the oven and take off the foil. Cover the pâté with greaseproof paper, and set a heavy weight on top such as a plate. Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Serve in slices at room temperature.