Pesto Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb dried spiral pasta such as fusilli
- 125 ml/4 fl oz olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 900 g/2 lb skinless chicken thigh fillet, cubed
- 125 ml/4 fl oz red wine
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pesto Chicken Salad Recipe
Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, retaining a little of the cooking water to keep moist. Cool while you make the rest of the salad.
To make the dressing, mix the olive oil, pine nuts, basil, onion and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate while you cook the chicken.
Simmer the chicken cubes over a medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon salt and the red wine, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes. When done, drain off the liquid.
Toss together the chicken, dressing, tomato, carrots and pasta to serve.