Peppered Chicken Pasta Ingredients
- 700 g/1 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 350 g/12 oz dried ribbon noodles such as fettucine
- 350 ml/12 fl oz chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 75 g/3 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peppered Chicken Pasta Recipe
Toss the chicken with the peppercorns, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and lightly brown all over for about 3 minutes. Add the stock and lemon juice, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer the sauce for about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well and toss with the chicken. Serve immediately, with the Parmesan in a separate bowl for sprinkling over the top.