Pea & Mint Soup Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb frozen peas
- 900 ml/1 1 ⁄2 pt vegetable stock
- pinch of granulated sugar
- 1 large sprig of fresh mint
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 ml/2 fl oz single cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pea & Mint Soup Recipe
Put the peas in a large pan with the stock, sugar, mint and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Discard the mint, then purée the mixture in a blender or food processor. Return to the heat.
Blend the egg yolk with half the cream and stir into the soup. Return the soup to a clean pan and reheat, but do not allow to boil.
Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve garnished with the remaining cream.