Mushroom Soup Ingredients
- 350 g/12 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 50 g/2 oz butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs, without crust
- 1 ⁄2 garlic clove
- 900 ml /1 1 ⁄2 pt chicken stock
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- salt and ground black pepper
Mushroom Soup Recipe
Sauté the mushroom with the butter in a heavy saucepan for a few minutes. Add the parsley and cook, stirring, until soft.
Add the breadcrumbs and garlic, stir and pour in the chicken stock with a pinch of nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Purée the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to a clean pan, stir in the cream and reheat gently. Serve hot.