Mushroom & Corn Soup Ingredients
- 25 g/1 oz low-fat spread
- 25 g/1 oz plain flour
- 100 g/4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300 ml/10 fl oz vegetable stock
- 300 ml/10 fl oz skimmed milk
- 350 g/12 oz canned sweetcorn kernels, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons low-fat single cream, to garnish
Mushroom & Corn Soup Recipe
Heat the low-fat spread in a heavy saucepan. Add the mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat. Gradually blend in the stock, then the milk and sweetcorn. Return to the heat, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer the soup gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into warm bowls and garnish each serving with a swirl of cream.