Mixed Bean Salad Ingredients
- 75 g/3 oz dried red kidney beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 75 g/3 oz dried black-eyed beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 75 g/3 oz dried borlotti beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 125 ml/4 fl oz vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mixed Bean Salad Recipe
Drain the kidney, black-eyed and borlotti beans. Put in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, then simmer gently for 1 1⁄2 hours until tender. Drain the cooked beans thoroughly, and put them in a large salad bowl.
Combine the vinaigrette and coriander, and pour over the beans while they are still warm. Toss thoroughly and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
Mix the onion into the beans, and season well with salt and pepper. Chill for 2–3 hours before serving.