Marinated Tomato & Rice Salad Ingredients
- 6 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 125 ml/4 fl oz cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 300 g/11 oz brown rice
- 2 cucumbers, halved length ways, seeded and chopped
- 50 g/2 oz fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 125 ml/4 fl oz olive oil
- 9 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Marinated Tomato & Rice Salad Recipe
Put the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Add the vinegar, basil and sugar, and stir to mix well. Cover with cling film, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain and cool to room temperature.
Combine the rice, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl, and stir in the olive oil. Add the spring onion, marinated tomatoes, salt and pepper, and stir to mix well. Serve.