Liver & Macaroni Casserole Ingredients
- 350 g/12 oz pigs’ livers, thinly sliced
- 25 g/1 oz butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 150 ml/5 fl oz chicken stock
- 400 g/14 oz canned chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 100 g/4 oz macaroni
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Liver & Macaroni Casserole Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
Brown the liver in half the butter in a flameproof casserole dish for 1 minute on each side. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
Add the remaining butter, and sauté the onions for 3 minutes until soft and lightly golden. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Blend in the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, stirring, for 1 minute.
Return the liver to the pan and add the sage and a little salt and pepper. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Stir into the casserole. Serve hot.