Leek Pie Ingredients
- 225 g/8 oz shortcrust pastry
- 900 g/2 lb leeks, thinly sliced
- 450 g/1 lb button mushrooms
- 50 g/2 oz butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 300 ml/10 fl oz crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Leek Pie Recipe
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. Roll out the pastry and line a greased 20 cm/8 in pie tin.
In a frying pan, sweat the leeks and mushrooms in the butter until tender. Spoon into the pie tin. In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture onto the leeks.
Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes until the filling is set. Serve warm.