Lamb & Vegetable Stew Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 g/14 oz lean lamb fillet, cubed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 potato, cubed
- 400 g/14 oz canned chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 200 g/7 oz canned chickpeas
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 200 ml/7 fl oz lamb stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
- salt and ground black pepper
Lamb & Vegetable Stew Recipe
Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a flameproof casserole dish and, over a high heat, brown the lamb. Reduce the heat and add the remaining oil, the onion and the
garlic. Cook until soft.
Add the potato, tomatoes, pepper, drained chickpeas, aubergine, stock, vinegar and herbs to the casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper, stir and bring to the
boil. Cover and cook in the oven for 1–11⁄2 hours until tender.
About 15 minutes before the end of cooking time, add the olives. Serve hot.