Japanese Tofu Hotpot Ingredients
- 50 g/2 oz dried fish flakes
- 300 g/11 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 7 spring onions, roughly chopped
Japanese Tofu Hotpot Recipe
Spread the fish flakes evenly in the bottom of a flameproof casserole dish, and arrange the tofu on top.
Add the soy sauce, sugar, sake and 125 ml/4 fl oz water.
Cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour in the egg evenly over the top of the casserole, and sprinkle with the spring onions. Simmer for a further 30 seconds, covered, then serve immediately.