Irish Hot Pot Ingredients
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 75 g/3 oz cooked long-grain rice
- 400 g/14 oz canned peas
- 600 g/1 lb 5 oz pork and herb sausages
- 425 g/15 oz canned condensed tomato soup, diluted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Irish Hot Pot Recipe
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
Layer the potatoes, onions and carrots in a large casserole dish, seasoning as you go with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the rice and peas, and top with the sausages. Pour the diluted soup over all.
Bake in the oven, covered, for 1 hour. Remove the lid from the casserole, turn the sausages and bake, uncovered, for a further 1 hour. Serve hot.