Hearty Fish Stew Ingredients
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1⁄4 small green cabbage, shredded
- 25 g/1oz butter
- 400 g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 fish stock cube
- 350 g/12 oz cod fillet, skinned and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- salt and ground black pepper
Hearty Fish Stew Recipe
Put all the vegetables in a large saucepan with the butter. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 300ml/10fl oz water and crumbled stock cube. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, part-cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender.
Add the fish, a little salt and pepper, and the herbs, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.