Greek Salad Ingredients
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes, about 700 g/1 1⁄2 lb in total
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 red onions
- 1 Cos lettuce
- 100 g/4 oz pitted black olives
- 225 g/8 oz feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 125 ml/4 fl oz olive oil
- 50 ml/2 fl oz lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- pinch of granulated sugar
- salt and ground black pepper
Greek Salad Recipe
Cut the tomatoes into bite-size chunks, discarding the cores. Cut the cucumber in half cross ways, then cut a cross in the end of each piece and cut into quarters. Cut the quarters cross ways into bite-size pieces. Peel the onions and cut into thin wedges. Shred the lettuce.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a jug. Put all the salad vegetables in a large bowl, add the olives and toss the ingredients together using your hands.
Pour the dressing over, and toss gently to mix, then crumble over the feta cheese. Serve immediately.