Greek Chickpea Casserole Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb spinach
- 25 g/1 oz butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g/14 oz canned cooked chickpeas, drained
- 100 g/4 oz feta cheese, cubed
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 125 ml/4 fl oz crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Greek Chickpea Casserole Recipe
Wash the spinach thoroughly under running water, and remove any tough stems. Drain well, then cut into shreds.
Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan, and sauté the spinach and garlic, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the chickpeas, cheese and cinnamon, and season with salt and pepper. Toss over a gentle heat for 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and crème fraîche, and heat through, tossing and stirring. Serve hot.