French Bean Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 550 g/1 lb 4 oz canned cooked cannellini beans, drained
- 400 ml/14 fl oz vegetable stock
- 125 ml/4 fl oz white wine
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 100 g/4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
French Bean Soup Recipe
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and garlic, and sweat for 5 minutes until soft, stirring frequently.
Add the remaining ingredients except the cheese, and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat and cover the pan, then simmer for 10–15 minutes.
To serve, remove and discard the rosemary sprigs. Ladle the soup into warm bowls, and top each serving with a little of the cheese.