Fig & Chilli Tagliatelle Ingredients
- 350 g/12 oz egg tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 black figs, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 dried red chillies, crumbled
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons and juice of 1
- 125 ml/4 fl oz double cream
- 50 g/2 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and ground black pepper
Fig & Chilli Tagliatelle Recipe
Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, and cook the tagliatelle until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, add the oil and, when smoking, carefully put the figs in the pan, turning them immediately to caramelize. Season with salt
and pepper, and add the chilli.
Stir the lemon zest and juice into the cream, and mix into the cooked pasta. Add the figs and serve hot, scattered with the Parmesan.