Feta Cheese Tartlet Ingredients
- 8 slices white bread
- 100 g/4 oz butter, melted
- 100 g/4 oz feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 black olives, pitted and halved
- 8 quail’s eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- pinch of caster sugar
- salt and ground black pepper
Feta Cheese Tartlets Recipe
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
Remove the crusts from the bread. Trim the bread into squares, and flatten each slice with a rolling pin. Brush with melted butter, then arrange in bun or muffin trays. Press a piece of foil into each slice to secure in place. Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Mix together the feta cheese, tomatoes and olives. Shell the eggs and quarter them. Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the bread cases from the oven, discard the foil and leave to cool.
Just before serving, fill the bread cases with the cheese and tomato mixture. Arrange the quartered eggs on the top, and spoon over the dressing. Serve immediately.