Devilled Prawns Ingredients
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125 g/4 oz onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme and oregano leaves
- 400 g/14 oz cooked peeled and deveined prawns
- 150 ml/5 fl oz double cream
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Devilled Prawns Recipe
In a heavy saucepan or frying pan over a medium heat, sweat the garlic and onions in the oil until softened. Add the sherry, thyme and oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the cream and let the liquid reduce a bit. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, but no longer.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately, sprinkled with the paprika and parsley.