Crab & Cucumber Savouries Ingredients
- 1 large cucumber, seeded if necessary and diced
- 50 g/2 oz low-fat spread
- 225 g/8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 150 ml/5 fl oz fish stock, made with 1⁄2 stock cube
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 75 ml/3 fl oz low-fat single cream
- 175 g/6 oz canned cooked white crab meat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Crab & Cucumber Savouries Recipe
Boil the cucumber in lightly salted water for 3 minutes, then drain well. In the same pan, melt the low fat spread. Cook the mushrooms, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add the cucumber, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes.
Stir in the flour, remove from the heat and, while still stirring, add the stock, sherry and cream.
Return to the heat, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
Add the crab meat, and season with salt and pepper.
Heat through, then spoon into six serving dishes. Serve hot.