Crab & Crispy Noodles Ingredients
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 50 g/2 oz Chinese rice noodles
- 2 cooked crabs
- 100 g/4 oz alfalfa sprouts
- 1 small iceberg lettuce
- 4 sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and diced
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 50 ml/2 fl oz vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 piece preserved stem ginger in syrup, cut into strips, drained, and 2 teaspoons syrup reserved
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- juice of 1⁄2 lime
Crab & Crispy Noodles Recipe
To make the dressing, combine the vegetable and sesame oils in a bowl. Add the chilli, ginger and syrup, soy sauce and lime juice.
Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Fry the noodles, one handful at a time, until crisp. Lift out and drain on kitchen paper.
Flake the white crab meat into a bowl, and mix well with the alfalfa sprouts. Put the lettuce, coriander, tomato and mint in a serving bowl, pour the dressing over and toss lightly. Place a nest of noodles on top, then add the crab meat and alfalfa sprouts. Serve.