Chinese Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb minced beef
- 12–16 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 225 g/8 oz canned water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 200 g/7 oz onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 50 ml/2fl oz hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh root ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dark sesame oil
Chinese Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Sauté the beef and onion in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chilli sauce. Continue stirring and
cooking until browned.
Add the water chestnuts, spring onions and sesame oil. Stir and cook for a further 1–2 minutes.
To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on the outer rim of a large serving plate. Put the meat mixture in the center of the plate. To eat, spoon the meat mixture on the lettuce and wrap the leaf around the filling.