Chilled Pea Soup Ingredients
- 1 large fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- 275 g/10 oz frozen peas, thawed
- 75 ml/3 fl oz double cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon liqueur such as lemon schnapps or limoncello
- 1 teaspoon chopped spring onion
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, to garnish
Chilled Pea Soup Recipe
Put the fennel and 1.2 litres/2 pt water in a large pan over a medium-high heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the fennel broth and discard the solids.
Purée the peas, cream, liqueur and spring onions in a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper, then add the broth and blend until smooth.
Strain the soup through a sieve into a metal bowl. Set in a larger bowl, and fill the outer bowl with iced water to reach halfway up side of the inner bowl. Stir until the soup is cold. Serve garnished with mint.