Chicken Saltimbocca Ingredients
- 3 skinless chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 6 thin slices boiled ham
- 6 slices Emmenthal cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried sage
- 75 g/3 oz fine dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 50 g/2 oz butter, melted
Chicken Saltimbocca Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
Put the chicken fillets, bottom side up, between two pieces of cling film. Working out from the center, pound each piece lightly with a meat mallet. Remove the cling film. Put a ham slice, a cheese slice and a few tomato slices on each piece.
Sprinkle each fillet lightly with the sage, and roll up Swiss-roll style. Press to seal well.
Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley. Dip the chicken in the butter, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Bake in a lightly oiled dish for 40–45 minutes.