Chicken Pasanda Ingredients
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Greek-style yogurt
- pinch of salt
- 700 g/1 1⁄2 lb skinless chicken breast fillets, diced
- 5 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 fresh green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 125 ml/4 fl oz single cream
Chicken Pasanda Recipe
Put the cardamom pods in a dish with the peppercorns, cinnamon, cumin, garam masala, chilli powder, ginger, garlic, yogurt and salt. Add the chicken and stir well to coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onions and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, then add the chicken and marinade, and cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 15 minutes.
Stir in the chillies and coriander, and pour in the cream. Heat through but do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.