Carrot & Coriander Soup Ingredients
- 175 g/6o z onion, diced
- 50 g/2 oz butter
- 500 g/1 lb 2oz carrots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.2 litres/2 pt vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 150 ml/5 fl oz whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Carrot & Coriander Soup Recipe
In a heavy sauce pan, gently sweat the onion in the butter until soft and translucent. Add the carrots to the pan, and cook, stirring from time to time, for a further 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and stock. Season with salt and pepper and the sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pour the contents of the pan into a blender or food processor, and blitz to a purée. Pour back into a clean pan, and add the cream and coriander. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then heat the soup through gently, stirring. Serve hot.