Bulgur Salad Ingredients
- 100 g/4 oz bulgur wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 5 cm/2 in piece of cucumber, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 black olives, pitted and halved
Bulgur Salad Recipe
Put the bulgur in a pan. Add 250 ml/9 fl oz boiling water and sprinkle with the salt. Stir and leave to stand for 20 minutes until the bulgur has absorbed all the water.
Add the oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, tomatoes, cucumber and green pepper. Toss over a gentle heat for 1 minute.
Pile the salad onto individual serving plates, and garnish with the olives before serving.