Broccoli Pasta Ingredients
- 450 g/1 lb angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 red peppers, seeded and diced
- 250 ml/9 fl oz double cream
- 175 g/6 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper
Broccoli Pasta Recipe
Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes until just al dente. Drain, retaining just a little of the cooking water, then toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Keep warm.
Heat the remaining oil in a heavy frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté lightly until soft,but do not brown. Add the broccoli and peppers, and sauté until tender.
Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside. Add the cream and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the Parmesan and a pinch of nutmeg, and cook for a further 2 minutes to thicken a bit more.
Return the vegetables to the pan with the pasta, and toss together well. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.