Borlotti Bean Salad Ingredients
- 700 g/1 1⁄2 lb canned cooked borlotti beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons French mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g/9 oz rocket leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Borlotti Bean Salad Recipe
Put the beans in a saucepan; cover with cold water. Add the garlic and sage leaves. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, then season with salt and pepper.
Combine the vinegar and mustard, and season. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
Toss the beans with two-thirds of the dressing. Toss the rocket leaves in the remainder of the dressing.
Divide the dressed leaves between four serving plates. Spoon the beans over the leaves, and serve with the bean juices over the top.