Beef Paprikash Ingredients
- 1.4 kg/3 lb stewing beef, cubed
- 150 g/5 oz onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 225 ml/8 fl oz tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 11⁄2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed with 75 ml/3 fl oz water
Beef Paprikash Recipe
Mix all the ingredients except the cornflour paste in a flameproof casserole dish. Cover and cook over a low heat for 4 hours.
Increase the heat to high, and stir in the cornflour paste. Cook for 15–20 minutes until thickened.
Serve hot with potatoes (these can be cooked separately, or added to the casserole 25–30 minutes before the end of the cooking time ) or on a bed of noodles.