Beef & Cabbage Pie Ingredients
- butter for greasing
- 200 g/7 oz potatoes, shredded
- 200 g/7 oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- 450 g/1 lb minced beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 175 g/6 oz cabbage, shredded
- 100 g/4 oz canned chopped green chillies, drained
- 125 ml/4 fl oz taco sauce
- salt and ground black pepper
Beef & Cabbage Pie Recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 23 cm/9 in pie plate with butter.
Combine the potatoes with half the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
In a large frying pan, brown the beef in the oil and drain. Add the cabbage and sauté until crisp. Remove from the heat and add the chillies and taco sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the crust, and bake for a further 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and continue baking until the cheese melts. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes before serving.